With just over three months until the High-Level Meeting on NCDs, the global campaign for action on noncommunicable diseases is accelerating:
- ENOUGH. has launched to a rousing reception
- Advocates, champions and leaders are getting on-board
- The zero draft of the Political Declaration for the HLM on NCDs & negotiations are commencing
- Momentum toward the High-Level Meeting on NCDs on 27 September is building!
Now is the time to get active on social media, to share, elevate and amplify advocacy messages.
Here are simple things you can do to join in – let’s get #enoughNCDs trending on Thursday 14 June & keep #NCDs prominent in coming months:
1. Share your own message about NCDs on social media.
You might be inspired by the question – When it comes to NCDs, what have you had enough of?
Remember to use the hashtag #enoughNCDs. We will be monitoring it and sharing some of the messages.
2. Share this message on social media by either cutting & pasting or clicking on the following links:
Much NCD suffering is preventable & we know the solutions. #HLM3 on #NCDs is a pivotal opportunity for governments to move from commitment to action. We call on leaders to step up to improve the lives of millions of people everywhere. #enoughNCDs enoughncds.com
3. Sign up to support the ENOUGH thunderclap.
Simply click this link to the ENOUGH. THUNDERCLAP and connect through your twitter or facebook profile. A message of solidarity will be shared alongside those of hundreds of other NCD advocates on Thursday 14 June.
4. Be inspired and share the images in this Social Media Toolkit.
Add your own advocacy message tagged with #enoughNCDs
5. Be an agent of change
6. Save the date & start planning: 3 – 9 September 2018 – Global Week for Action on NCDs
With the digital world switched on to talk about NCDs, the first Global Week for Action on NCDs – from Monday 3 September to Sunday 9 September – will provide everyone, everywhere the opportunity to mobilise on the ground in the lead-up to the HLM on NCDs, under the theme ENOUGH. Our Health. Our Right. Right Now.
This will be a global opportunity to talk to each other, to leaders, to media, to crowds, to the world about what works well and what needs to change to ensure a transition from commitment to tangible actions that not only yield reportable improvements in NCD targets and outcomes, but result in the improvement of health and lives of all people in all places.
The opportunities are endless. Possible activities include organising a meeting, community conversation, picnic, fun run, dance party, or art competition. The week is your chance to do something achievable, appropriate, relevant and impactful where you live, but linked to a global movement.
More information is coming soon, but we encourage you to get planning, and contact us to share ideas about what you will do to mobilise your leaders and community for action on NCDs.